Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Candy Corn Cupcakes (CCC!)

I made these for a Halloween party I went to this past week....they were such a huge hit!

Guess where I found this idea? YUP. Pinterest. Hi, my name is Carolyn, and I'm addicted to Pinterest.

CANDY CORN CUPCAKES

The ones I saw also had a little bit of white in the batter...but I just kept the white as the icing. They were actually pretty easy, but learned a bit for next time I make them.

What you need:
White/Vanilla Box Cake
Food Coloring
White/Vanilla/Cream Cheese icing

Make the box cake as directed. If you're going to do the little bit of white in the cupcake, reserve about 1 cup of batter in another bowl. For the rest of the batter, put the yellow food coloring in. It takes a lot too! Use a big (icecream) scoop into cup cake pan. When you are finished filling the yellow part, add some red food coloring to the batter enough to make it a good orange color. Then put the orange batter in cupcake pan as well. If you reserved white batter add that on top. Bake according to box directions. Let cool completely and pipe the icing on top. Garnish with a candy corn and you've got the perfect treat!

3 comments:

The Better Baker said...

Cookin' for my Captain Carolyn - Candy Corn Cupcakes - Cute! Cute! Cute!

Kelsey said...

So cute! I love the pictures too!

FoodEpix said...

I love your pictures and recipes. We would love
to invite you to register with foodepix.com and upload your pictures.

Hope to see you there. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...